Thursday, March 1, 2012

Namaste

Tonight was quite the night. I went from one extreme to another with a great friend in the middle.

Tonight I set out to do a two mile run. Since it was pretty gloomy out I was off to the gym to run on what my friend Margaret calls the 'demon treadmill'. (Check out a link to her blog!) I decided I would push myself a bit further so I set the mph at a 9:40 pace. I thought it would help me if I was hitting a pace that I usually have outside but with the poor air circulation and the heat blasting it wasn't easy. Thankfully I pushed myself and while I did drop my pace at some points I ran at an 8:34 pace for the last quarter mile. So overall I finished my two miles in 19:17. Not too shabby.

After my run I headed to Le Pain to meet Dominika before the next adventure. After a delicious salad and catching up with Dom we headed off to a meditation class. Neither of us had ever been to one but wanted to give it a try.


After running and working up quite the sweat, sitting still for 20 minutes was quite an interesting feeling. While I did get antsy after the first 10 minutes it truly is an amazing experience. It's not very often that we take time out of our busy lives and breathe in and breathe out. I can't say that I will be back to the meditation class but I can say I enjoyed it for what it was and what it gave me. A break from life and a look at within for even just that one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment