Thursday, March 8, 2012

Quinoa is a Girl's Best Friend

Last night was my first night of paying full price for a boxing class. I bought 10 sessions after my deal ran out and I'm definitely happy that I did. I went back and forth for days about whether or not I should do it, but in the end I did. The fact that I have boxing to look forward to for the next 9 weeks actually makes me smile. So I'll say this again to anyone reading, once you find a work out that you enjoy, just stick with it! After feeling like I wanted to die, I enjoyed a nice sushi dinner. Not a bad reward!

Tonight I was scheduled for a simple 2 mile run. It's funny because when I tell some people 'Oh yeah, I'm just running 2 miles tonight' the response is always 'JUST?!'. A couple of years ago that might have been my response as well. But these days, 2 miles can be done in under 19 minutes! It was so beautiful out today besides a bit of wind, so even though it was dark I decided to run my regular route. I held a great pace of 9:26 per mile and was home before I knew it! I'm really looking forward to daylight savings this weekend because not only does it mean spring is really coming it also means my runs after work will be done in the light!

After my run, it was home to start making dinner. Sarah and I decided to be super healthy tonight and make quinoa with edamame and corn along with a broccoli slaw salad with homemade dressing. We are always looking for simple, easy meals we can make after our workouts since it tends to be somewhat late. I mean, who wants to cook a gourmet meal at 8pm! I've recently been experimenting with quinoa and then Sarah and I were given about a lifetime supply of it from her friend Arielle. Hopefully we will continue to find some fun renditions and make some more delicious and filling meals!

Tomorrow I'll be traveling down to AC with my best friends to start a weekend of celebrating for Rachel's birthday! Don't you worry though, my sneakers are already packed!


No comments:

Post a Comment