Sunday, March 11, 2012

No More Sleeping In

I remember the days when I would go away for a weekend and be so excited to sleep in! Well those days have passed. Not only am I not sleeping in, but my bags are filled with sneakers and workout clothes. Who am I?!

In all honesty, I was really excited to wake up Saturday morning and go for a run. The boardwalk in Atlantic City was the perfect place for it. The whole boardwalk is about 7 miles but the part in AC is about 3. Saturday's run was supposed to be 4 miles and I accomplished it in just under 40 minutes. When I first got up and my two best friends were still cozy in bed I just kept thinking, 'What on earth am
I doing!?'. But after 39:21 I felt better than ever and it helped remind me why I got out of bed!

I was not only proud of the awesome run I had, but I was also proud of the fact that I really am committed to this training.

The rest of the weekend was a blast. How can you not enjoy a weekend away with all of your girlfriends celebrating one of the best's birthdays! We danced and eat and drank and gambled and all I can say is I've got the best friends a girl could ask for!

Now I'm looking forward to cozying up with my new book Fifty Shades of Grey and enjoyed the rest of my Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest biff, I was so proud of you for going for a run that day! You are an inspiration to everyone trying to increase their exercise and become healthier :) keep it up love!!

    ReplyDelete