Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What do you call cheese that isn't yours?

Nacho Cheese!!

Lame, I know. But if you know me at all, you know that this is exactly the type of joke I burst into laughter over.

The age old issue that has me fighting internally with myself is the fact that I will work out and burn a whole lot of calories to just eat them right back with the next meal. Sometimes I feel guilty doing this but other times I think, no big deal, why else do I work out? So I can eat the food I enjoy! Throughout this training period should I be making healthier decisions? Will that benefit my running in the long run? I'm sure it will to some extent but it is worth passing up that delicious plate of nachos?!

I headed out of work a bit early today to get my 3 miles in. A very dear friend of mine was visiting from out of state and I wanted to make sure that I had as much time to visit as possible! My run was a rough one on that stupid treadmill but I attempted to make it a bit lighter by changing the interval and pace throughout the run. One thing I learned from my run in CP this weekend was that I really need to focus more on my hills. I finished the 3 miles in just shy of 30 minutes at 29:40 which felt great.

After my run I rushed home to shower and get ready to head out to see Andy. We had a great night filled with a few beers, a heaping plate of nachos, tons of basketball and a lot of catching up.

So I leave you with this question, is my run worth a plate of nachos or should I have stuck with a salad, dressing on the side of course.

1 comment:

  1. NACHOS! Forever and always! So so so freaking deilcious :D

    ReplyDelete