Monday, February 27, 2012

All Souls

Raise your hand if Monday's always feel like the longest days ever!

While it's always hard to get out of bed on Mondays, I always look forward to them. For over a year now, almost every single Monday night of mine has been spent at All Souls Church on the Upper East Side. Monday nights are 'Hospitality Nights' which can only be described as a restaurant for homeless and low income people.

So my Mondays are spent waitressing. Serving soup, salad, coffee, tea, juice, milk, bread and entrees to close to 275 people most nights. Oh right, can't forget the desserts! I enjoy almost every moment of my Monday nights, running around, getting people more bread and butter or hot coffee. It's one of the most rewarding things I've done and when I miss a night because of work or vacation, my whole week just feels off!

In any case, Mondays are supposed to be stretch and strength days but they really are more of a cross training with all the running around I do! I'm pretty sure I'll eventually switch my Sunday and Monday workouts but for now my tired feet are up on the couch catching up on some TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment