Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Adventures

Today began my first day on my newest journey.

I'm officially training for the Broad Street 10 Miler! I'm hoping that this training will turn into training for the Brooklyn Half-Marathon if I can register. Setting these goals for myself has really gotten me excited about the coming months. It's been a while since I have had a goal for myself outside of my professional life.

I printed out a 10 week training course and have it taped up to my door in my room as well as being engrained in my mind!

I know it's not going to be easy and I'm going to need to continuously push myself, but I hope this blog will help. It will help me to be accountable to myself and it will help that my friends and family read this and continue to push me even when I don't think I can be pushed any further.

The training program has me running 3 days a week, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays with the longer runs on Saturdays. I know those will be tough since I have a lot of weekends away in the coming months, but I'll do my best to get the runs in!

Today was a simple 2 mile run. It was a bit windy outside so I headed to the gym. While it was hot and sweaty and the air was barely circulating, I had a good solid run finishing in 19:54.

Hopefully it sets the tone for the next 10 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment