Thursday, February 23, 2012

Warm February Nights

When I walked out of my apartment this morning I knew I would be taking advantage of this beautiful winter weather. Unfortunately we haven't 'sprung' ahead yet so it's pretty dark after work still. I didn't want to let that get in the way of my run though so I left work a little early in hopes to have a little sunlight. Well, even at 6pm - its pretty dark. On the bright side only 2 more weeks of this!

I don't know how it happens, but every time I run outside I'm like a speed demon! I ran 2 miles in 18:50! That's a 9:25 pace! When just two days ago on the treadmill I finished in 19:54. It seriously amazes me! I was feeling so good and wanted to keep going but I'm trying my hardest to stick to the training schedule. So I ended up doing 2.25 miles total in 21:11 which ended up being a 9:20 pace, can't complain!

Now that my tummy is full after a delicious avocado pasta and stuffed chicken dinner, time to relax and read the latest book club book; Room.

Recipes if you're interested:
http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/ (thanks to Dom)
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/broccoli-and-cheese-stuffed-chicken.html

No comments:

Post a Comment